NYSERDA Study for Low and Moderate Income Households: Nearly Free Heat Pumps!
NYSERDA has launched a $5 million study that offers free or low-cost heat pump systems for approximately 500 low and moderate households–homeowners and renters–across the state.
There are two tiers of incentives:
- The incentives for low-income households should cover 100% of the cost of air-source heat pump systems, along with water heaters, as well as an electric panel upgrade if needed. These are based on 60% of the state median income, or $57,564 for a family of four in Albany County. Here is a full income chart.
- The incentives for moderate-income households should cover over 50% of the cost of heat pump systems, including water heaters, and an electric panel upgrade. These are currently based on 120% of the area median income, or $115,128 for a family of four in Albany County. Here is a full income chart, please reference 120% State Median Income Line.
Here are the main requirements for participation in the program:
- Currently heat with oil, propane, electric or wood (not with natural gas)
- Meet minimal insulation and air sealing (there is additional money to help reach these levels)
- Work with NYSERDA-approved contractors
To sign up please Enroll on our website, and be sure to choose yes to “Interested in Low and Moderate Income Programs” so we can get you connected with application support for this program.
For more info on heat pump rebates, incentives, and loans, visit $ Incentives